- PRESS ROOM
GreenEdge™ 9-72VDC / 24VAC Quad-output, 2kV-Isolated, Power SoC with two integrated 1.25A regulators
The AS1424 is a Quad-Output Digital Power SoCs for 9.5-72VDC & 24VAC isolated power applications. Built around Akros’ integrated GreenEdge™ 2kV digital isolation technology, the AS1424 is a flexible power platform solution that eliminates all opto-couplers and minimizes component count and design footprint.
Synchronous converters with digital loop and timing control are integrated with digital isolation as part of an advance power system architecture for high-efficiency and cost-effective designs. Spread-spectrum clocking on all PWMs reduces the power supply spectral noise for superior EMC performance. Bi-directional Isolated GPIO eases implmentation of many system-level features in industrial, survieallance, automotive and medical applications.
With two externally-programmable high-current capable outputs (Vout1 and Vout4), and two internal Buck Regulators (Vout2 and Vout3, with 1.25Arms each), the AS1424 is ideal for high-efficiency and low-cost designs in low power range (<20W). The AS1424 is available in a 64-pin 9x9 QFN, Reduction of Hazardous Substance (RoHS)-compliant package.
The AS1424 is geared towards use in lower cost, lower power sytems that will greatly benefit from the GreenEdge Technology performane, integration, and feature enablement, without the need for advanced software programmability.
- Surveillance Cameras
- Access Control and Building Management Systems
- Automotive Power and Infotainment Systems
- Industrial Ethernet and Wireless Systems
- RFID readers
- Point-of-Sale Terminals
- Multi-rail Isolated Flyback Power Supplies
Digitally Isolated Programmable Power
Primary-Side DC-DC Controller
- High-efficiency DC-DC Controller with Digital Optimization
- Integrated Primary-Secondary High-Voltage 2kV Digital Isolation
- Programmable Primary Clock Frequency
Secondary-Side Power Outputs
- Output #1: Sync Controller with programmable power-FET timing for high efficiency at both light and full loads
- Outputs #2 and #3: Fully integrated Buck Regulators w/1.25A FETs
- Output #4: DC-DC Controller for Buck, Boost, or LED Driver
- High current capability on Outputs #1 and #4
- Programmable PWM Frequencies
- Hardware-programmable start-up power sequencing
- Primary GPIO controlled via Secondary GPIO
EMC Compliance and Protection
- Synchronous spread-spectrum clocking on all PWMs
- Slew-rate-controlled power drivers
- Multi-phased PWM clocking, with External Sync clock option
- Over-current, Under/Over-voltage and Short-circuit Protection
- Meets UL60950 and UL1577 requirements for basic isolation to 2kVDC/1.5kVRMS